• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrears / 19

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abstract99

What is the name of your state? IL

I have a friend of mine whose child will be 19 on Friday. He is in arrears so when he has the CS stopped he will still be making the arrears payments right? Can he pay those in a whole lump sum or will there still be interest?

Gracie3787

abstract99 said:
What is the name of your state? IL

I have a friend of mine whose child will be 19 on Friday. He is in arrears so when he has the CS stopped he will still be making the arrears payments right? Can he pay those in a whole lump sum or will there still be interest?
Yes, he will still be making arrears payments. Has the court issued an order for a specific amount monthly for arrears? If so it's possible that is the only amount he'll be required to pay each month. If not, the court may order the continuation of the CS as arrears payments.

Yes, he can pay in lump sum, which is really the best way to go if he has the money, he'll save alot on interst.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">