• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrears

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ktipton88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

I recently got back with my ex and she terminated the child support through the courts, but i owe arrears. If i take them receipts from her showing that it was payed in full will that be enough to have the arrears cleared? I have a letter from her saying that the full amount of the arrears was payed in full and it is notarized, and i have receipts showing the amounts payed as well, making the amount owed zero.

Isis1

I recently got back with my ex and she terminated the child support through the courts, but i owe arrears. If i take them receipts from her showing that it was payed in full will that be enough to have the arrears cleared? I have a letter from her saying that the full amount of the arrears was payed in full and it is notarized, and i have receipts showing the amounts payed as well, making the amount owed zero.
was mom on ANY form of state aid during the duration of the court order?

Last edited:

mistoffolees

That should clear any arrears that you owe to Mom. It will not clear any arrears owed to the state.

ktipton88

she received no aide from the state during the time i was paying child support, so nothing is owed to the state. The child support office gave me a total that i owed, and that is only thing that is owed. So if the receipts will take care of it, then great.

LillianX

she received no aide from the state during the time i was paying child support, so nothing is owed to the state.
Be careful here. It's not just during the time you were paying support... if she was receiving aid from the state at anytime you were the legal father of the child, you could very well owe the state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">