• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrears

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tuc520

Hello, so according to the courts original order from May of 2008 I was behind 21K. As of today its down to 18K. Th DES office told me that they charge a 10% interest rate at the end of every year. My question is, how did the judge come up with that 21K figure? I worked part time during the 3 year period in which I have my tax returns to prove how much my income was for each of those years. Is there something I can do to make sure it was correctly calculated?

Just Blue

Hello, so according to the courts original order from May of 2008 I was behind 21K. As of today its down to 18K. Th DES office told me that they charge a 10% interest rate at the end of every year. My question is, how did the judge come up with that 21K figure? I worked part time during the 3 year period in which I have my tax returns to prove how much my income was for each of those years. Is there something I can do to make sure it was correctly calculated?
Gee...Had you actually supported your child during this time you would not be in this situation. Fancy that!! :rolleyes:

Psst...In case you don't understand...I don't like deadbeats.

Tuc520

For your info. I surely did, but as you problably know, the court saw my check payments to the mom as 'Gifts' plus the mom and I were in good terms for the first year and a half after my boy was born.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">