• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrears held by attorney general

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amanning

What is the name of your state? Texas
The attorney general's office told me they had collected some Arrearages in May of this year. They told me that they only pay out arrearages once a month on the 10th. They also told me that once collected, the funds are held for 60-90 days and won't be disbursed until August probably. When asked why, was told it is thier "policy". Can anyone lend any additional explanation?

Thanks!!:confused:

workinmom

In Texas they give the NCP 60 days to dispute arrearages prior to disbursement of funds if those arrearages are collected other than directly from the NCP (i.e. bank account freeze or tax return interception). If NCP lets the OAG know he/she does not dispute they will be released sooner.

Hope this helps.

Tinaa

My ex had to pay a $2,000 purge and I had to wait 3 months to get it. Never got any explanation. Perhaps the AG must make sure that the money is owed before distributing it.

No help, I know.

Texas Attorney General

My husband is current on cs. It was raised a few months ago, which I have posted before. My question is: He is current and always has been. His credit report is showing he is in arrears and was 30 days late. All 3 credit bureaus show this. It has ALWAYS been taken out of his check. My husband has tried to contact the AG's office several times, through the website and phone calls. It is showing negatively on his credit report and we feel it needs to be corrected. That is the ONLY negative thing he has on his credit report. It is very frustrating because we cannot get this resolved. He has less than a year to go and we would like to get it straightened out before they "decide" to tack on a lot of interest and "arrears" when he IS NOT behind!!!!!!! Any suggestions? :mad: Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">