• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrears and joining military

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? mo

I have not been able to go to a recruit yet. I am wanting to join the reserves army, but I am 4000 in arrears. I am able to pay about 100 a month to my support. when i join the reserves ill have more money to pay. but can i join if i am in arreears? I want to start a life for myself so i can get my kids back.

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

I have not been able to go to a recruit yet. I am wanting to join the reserves army, but I am 4000 in arrears. I am able to pay about 100 a month to my support. when i join the reserves ill have more money to pay. but can i join if i am in arreears? I want to start a life for myself so i can get my kids back.
If I am not mistaken, you can't have any legal action against you pending when you enlist. If your arrears are in the form of a judgment against you, you may have to pay that off. Things could have changed in the time that I've been out as far as that's concerned, but I'm pretty sure that is still correct information.

Thank you. I don't think it's a judgement, just court ordered and behind. I have a couple of small judgements I will work on. But how do I know if cs is in form of judgement?

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

Thank you. I don't think it's a judgement, just court ordered and behind. I have a couple of small judgements I will work on. But how do I know if cs is in form of judgement?
the easiest way is to go to the courthouse and ask if there are records of judgments against you. You would have been served (even if it was by mail) of legal action against you. Then you would have received a judgment decision against you if you didn't show up for court... I'd check into it even if you aren't going to go into the military.

Isis1

huge....just because i really don't want you running around filing for custody like a chicken without a head...

getting a change of custody doesn't happen just willy nilly. there has to be a change of circumstance for the children. in a negative way. not because you finally got your live together.

just wanted to inform you, k?

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

huge....just because i really don't want you running around filing for custody like a chicken without a head...

getting a change of custody doesn't happen just willy nilly. there has to be a change of circumstance for the children. in a negative way. not because you finally got your live together.

just wanted to inform you, k?
I left that question alone and just wanted to inform her of the wall she might have to scale just to enlist...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">