• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrears of payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Debra Donald

What is the name of your state? Nevada, I posted under the
wrong thread on the other day. But I need to know if a non-custodial parent dies and that parent was in the rear for child support, can the retirement benefit be sued for the rear payments. Also The man was married but the wife who he had not been with for over 40 years was not named his as his beneificenary?

Phnx02

Debra Donald said:
wrong thread on the other day. But I need to know if a non-custodial parent dies and that parent was in the rear for child support, can the retirement benefit be sued for the rear payments. Also The man was married but the wife who he had not been with for over 40 years was not named his as his beneificenary?
Your child should be entitled to SS survivor benefits.....you need to contact your local SS office to inquire.

LdiJ

Debra Donald said:
Debra, you already got an answer from me. You needed to hire an attorney YESTERDAY. If they distribute that money to her you may never be able to get it back, even if you eventually win the case. So don't wait any longer, get an attorney NOW.

haiku

just so you know the proper terminology when dealing with people involved.....

its "ARREARS" not "the rear"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">