+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Arrears payments cap.

    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

    My ex-husband owes $30,000.00 in arrears for child support. When I asked my Child Support office why (now the kids are over 18) am I only getting $150 per month towards this huge balance, I was told the last court order stated only that amount is to be paid towards arrears. How can I get this modified even though there is no longer any current child support order.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sitting at the computer probably rolling my eyes at your post
    It will be a long shot, but you will have to do it yourself because CSSD will not work an arrears only case. If the amount is set t $150/mo and he's paying it, that's probably what you're going to get.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Arrears payments
    By dolfan82 in forum Child Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 10:05 PM
  2. Arrears and Bi-weekly payments
    By rmeglior in forum Alimony & Spousal Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 10:37 PM
  3. Arrears of payments
    By Debra Donald in forum Child Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-12-2005, 05:56 AM
  4. Arrears Payments
    By pissedoff in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 06-17-2002, 09:53 PM
  5. Can cash payments help arrears?
    By onlyifuloveherandthenNO in forum Family Law Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-31-2000, 08:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

© Since 1995 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.