• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested for contempt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

renayrayallen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee
My husband was arrested for contempt of juvenile court, but we have all the receipts where he has been paying monthly , will they help get him released

renayrayallen

thank you , that's a relief. I'll be up early morning trying to figure out who to show proof to, and seeking an attorney to straighten out this messy situation

mistoffolees

thank you , that's a relief. I'll be up early morning trying to figure out who to show proof to, and seeking an attorney to straighten out this messy situation
I would see an attorney - he'll probably be out of jail a lot quicker that way.

And then I would have the attorney ask the court to have ex reimburse his legal expenses because of filing a false claim. That, of course, assumes that the claim really is false.

LdiJ

I would see an attorney - he'll probably be out of jail a lot quicker that way.

And then I would have the attorney ask the court to have ex reimburse his legal expenses because of filing a false claim. That, of course, assumes that the claim really is false.
And its not the state filing the contempt because one or the other of the mom's are on state aid.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
And its not the state filing the contempt because one or the other of the mom's are on state aid.
That is NOT necessarily true. The state can file even if neither mother is on state aid. Also, is dad paying through CSEA? How does he pay? Is he also responsible for other payments such as copays/deductibles/medical bills that he has not paid? Were some of the payments interest because he paid a few days or weeks late? Just because he shows he has paid doesn't mean his accounting is correct or it is a frivolous suit regardless of WHO filed it.

LdiJ

That is NOT necessarily true. The state can file even if neither mother is on state aid. Also, is dad paying through CSEA? How does he pay? Is he also responsible for other payments such as copays/deductibles/medical bills that he has not paid? Were some of the payments interest because he paid a few days or weeks late? Just because he shows he has paid doesn't mean his accounting is correct or it is a frivolous suit regardless of WHO filed it.
Yes, of course if the CSE has the case they can file even if the mother isn't on state aid.

However, it sounded like he was paying someone directly (rather than through wage garnishment...hence OP's mention of receipts) therefore I assumed he was paying the mothers directly, which of course I should not have assumed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">