• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Asking for Child Support 6 years later without father knowing about child...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mykidsmom2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hi... My Fiance just received court documents (after not being with the "mother" for over 6 years now) saying that he is the father of a child that he didn't know he was the father of and that he now owes child support. - A little history... about 6 years ago or so the "mother" told my fiance that she was pregnant but didn't know whos kid it was (she had slept around a bit). So my fiance at that time took a paternity test and the mother was told to do the same but she never showed up to take the test. Now 6+ years later she has taken the test and the paperwork claims that it is 99.99% sure the child is his daughter. Is this possible? Also If it is possible... does he have any rights as the father? Can he have any sort of custody? Especially if he is being asked to pay this "mother" any kind of support? ANY AND ALL ADVISE IS TOTALLY WELCOMED... We really are not sure what to do with this information... PLEASE HELP US!!!! :confused::(:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">