• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

attorney not returning my calls on child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lswd83mom

What is the name of your state? Iowa

My daughter is 19 and engaged to be married. She graduated high school in 2005. She moved in with me the summer before that. My attorney advised that we coudn't fight the child support until she graduated. My ex-husband and I have gone back and forth on the continuing payment for my son. Now my attorney won't return my phone calls at all. Is there someone I can go to that is kind of over his head? This attorney is part of a firm, but they each answer to themselves. I'm lost and can't even afford his fee until this is wrapped up which may be part of his reaction. But until I can get this settled I can't even buy much in groceries. I really am lost on what I should try to do. Please advise.

fairisfair

first thing to do is make your post more understandable, what are you and your ex fighting about, who pays the support, you or him, what is your question?

NotSoNew

yes who pays who support and what are you trying to do?

id your attorny advised you that you couldnt try to file for CS on your daughter until after she graduated even though she had been living with you since the summer before, he was WAY WRONG and probably why he wont answer your calls. at 19 now your daughter is emancipated and you cant collect support on her!

lswd83mom

attorney not returning calls

I pay support to my ex for my daughter. He was willing to drag my kids through a horrific battle and I gave them the choice where to live. Daddy promised them Disney World. I refused to lie to them-they picked Daddy. (7 years later still no Disney World.)
My daughter fought with her dad the last several years to move back to my house and he finally gave in when she was 17. Her brother still lives with my ex. We are going back and forth over what I should pay for him and it comes down to about $15 less than I paid for both kids. Don't get me wrong, I know I am responsible for my son and want to pay to help out. But, even that $15 a month would help me out a lot. I don't make near what my ex makes.
Does that help fill in some of the gaps in my original story?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">