• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Automatic Tax Withholding?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AHBRMom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I am the custodial parent and the non-custodial parent is over 13k in arrears. Can anybody tell me if the arrears will be automatically withheld from his tax returns, or is there something I have to file with DCSS to make this happen? NCP lives in another state (a state different than where the court order is filed) if that makes any difference.

Thank you in advance for your help!

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I am the custodial parent and the non-custodial parent is over 13k in arrears. Can anybody tell me if the arrears will be automatically withheld from his tax returns, or is there something I have to file with DCSS to make this happen? NCP lives in another state (a state different than where the court order is filed) if that makes any difference.

Thank you in advance for your help!
His arrears are high enough that any tax refunds would be levied. However, that assumes that he actually files his taxes and has a refund. Unfortunately, you cannot count on either happening.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">