• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

candace38351

What is the name of your state? Tennessee/Texas

My husband has a child with his ex girlfriend. They have been separated for about 5 years, and their daughter is 11. We live in Tennessee, and they live in Texas. They have never been to court for anything regarding custody or childsupport, and his ex claims to have changed their daughter's name without his approval or anything. She is now threatening to take him to court for 11 years of back childsupport. The thing is, they have never been to court to begin with to set up child support. I was just wondering if it is even possible to get back child support in this case. If so, then why would it go back 11 years when they stayed together for 5 years after their daughter's birth. Please help and give any advice.

VeronicaGia

candace38351 said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee/Texas

My husband has a child with his ex girlfriend. They have been separated for about 5 years, and their daughter is 11. We live in Tennessee, and they live in Texas. They have never been to court for anything regarding custody or childsupport, and his ex claims to have changed their daughter's name without his approval or anything. She is now threatening to take him to court for 11 years of back childsupport. The thing is, they have never been to court to begin with to set up child support. I was just wondering if it is even possible to get back child support in this case. If so, then why would it go back 11 years when they stayed together for 5 years after their daughter's birth. Please help and give any advice.
Go here: http://ocse3.acf.dhhs.gov/ext/irg/sps/selectastate.cfm

Click on TX, read it all, especially Section I, support order establishment.

Has paternity been legally established? He may want to be the first to file for a court ordered DNA test. Does he have a relationship with the child?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">