• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

back child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

philncha

What is the name of your state?Texas
After divorce in 2001 was final she got primary resident we have joint custody. I'm current with my child support. But 2 weeks after divorce was final she dropped my daughter off to me so she could whore around. I soley took care of her for 2.5yrs with out a dime from her mother and carried health ins. on her. Now I would like to know if I can take her to small claims court for those 2.5yrs. Even though I did'nt change the primary resident over. Now she snuck her out of school and took her back to live with her even though my 10yr old daughter did'nt want to.

VeronicaGia

philncha said:
What is the name of your state?Texas
After divorce in 2001 was final she got primary resident we have joint custody. I'm current with my child support. But 2 weeks after divorce was final she dropped my daughter off to me so she could whore around. I soley took care of her for 2.5yrs with out a dime from her mother and carried health ins. on her. Now I would like to know if I can take her to small claims court for those 2.5yrs. Even though I did'nt change the primary resident over. Now she snuck her out of school and took her back to live with her even though my 10yr old daughter did'nt want to.
Huge mistakes on your part.

1. You cannot collect because there was no court order telling her to pay support.

2. You cannot collect because you never modified custody with the court.

3. She could have taken her at any time since the custody order was never modified.

4. Learn your lesson; if she does it again, FILE for a custody AND child support modification.

5. 10 years old is not old enough to talk to a judge.

Timeline

How long ago was she "snuck" from school? Was the 2.5 years that the child was living with you immediately prior to the "snuck"? Is she attending a different school now?

LdiJ

Did you continue to pay child support during those 2.5 years? If not, and support was ordered to be paid through the CS agency, you may have arrearages racked up that you are not expecting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">