• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bizzyd26

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin
My question is about back child support. Would it be possible to collect from 15 years ago or more. The Dad left the state of Wisconsin to avoid support. The dad died 10 years ago. The dad never satisfied the divorce with the stepmother. The stepmother found the piece of land they owned together years ago. Since the divorce was never satisfied the stepmother(stepmother owns 75 percent step kids own 25 percent stepmother was awarded quiet deed through lawsuit) and my children own this land now. The maturnal mom is wondering if she can claim back child support from the stepmother.

Last edited:

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin
My question is about back child support. Would it be possible to collect from 15 years ago or more. The Dad left the state of Wisconsin to avoid support. The dad died 10 years ago. The dad never satisfied the divorce with the stepmother. The stepmother found the piece of land they owned together years ago. Since the divorce was never satisfied the stepmother(stepmother owns 75 percent step kids own 25 percent stepmother was awarded quiet deed through lawsuit) and my children own this land now. The maturnal mom is wondering if she can claim back child support from the stepmother.

In a word, no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">