• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back Child Support/ Court Order Not Paid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Krysten05

What is the name of your state? Texas

Single mom.Three years ago, I took my 18 yeard old's ( then 15) Dad to court. He signed a court order, promising to pay $4,000 each month, for three months ( for back child support). After the three months, he was ordered by the court to take up child support payments. He paid me only enough money for me to pay back my lawyer (>2000)I've called the Attorney General, and my lawyer. It is now three years late, and nothing has been done. I contacted him two years ago and he kindly said he didn't have the funds to pay me. Now that my daughter has turned 18, he thinks he is off the hook. Any advice you can give me regarding this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Krysten05 said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

Single mom.Three years ago, I took my 18 yeard old's ( then 15) Dad to court. He signed a court order, promising to pay $4,000 each month, for three months ( for back child support). After the three months, he was ordered by the court to take up child support payments. He paid me only enough money for me to pay back my lawyer (>2000)I've called the Attorney General, and my lawyer. It is now three years late, and nothing has been done. I contacted him two years ago and he kindly said he didn't have the funds to pay me. Now that my daughter has turned 18, he thinks he is off the hook. Any advice you can give me regarding this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Yes, he's still on the hook for it.

BL

You may be addicted to the Internet, if ...

You decide to stay in college for an additional year or two, just for the free Internet access.

You wake up at 2 a.m. to go to the bathroom and stop and check your e-mail on the way back to bed.

You get a tattoo that reads "This body best viewed with Netscape 4.0 or higher."

You put down your internet address when filling out your driver's license application.

You turn off your modem and get this awful empty feeling, like you just pulled the plug on a loved one.

You laugh at people with 14.4K-baud modems.

You start using smileys in your snail mail.

The last girl you picked up was a JPEG.

You have engaged to someone you've never actually met except through e-mail.

You introduce your wife as "[email protected]" or husband as "[email protected]" and refer to your children as "client applications".

You name your children Mosaic, Java and Eudora.

You spend half of the plane trip with your laptop on your lap ... and your child in the overhead compartment.

Only communication in your household is through email.

You refuse to go to a vacation spot with no electricity and no phone lines.

All your daydreaming is preoccupied with getting a faster connection to the net: 28.8...ISDN...cable modem...DSL...T1...T3.

And even your night dreams are in HTML.

You think Webster's Dictionary is a directory of Web sites.

You refer to going to the bathroom as downloading.

Your heart races faster and beats irregularly each time you see a new WWW site address in print or on TV, even though you've never had heart problems before.

You have more friends on the Internet than in real life.

All of your friends have an @ in their names.

You chat several times a day with a stranger from South Africa but haven't spoken to your next-door neighbor yet this year.

You refer to your age as 3.x.

You code your homework in HTML and give your instructor the URL.

You move into a new house and decide to Netscape before you landscape.

You really did ask a plumber how much it would cost to replace the chair in front of your computer with a toilet.

There is an I.V. stand next to your mini tower.

Choice between paying AOL bill and paying for kids education is easy -- if a little painful for your kids.

AT&T names you Customer of the Month for the third consecutive time.

Your phone bill comes to your doorstep in a box.

You have to install a second phone line just so you can call Pizza Hut.

You hide the bill from the spouse because you may have to sell the family car to pay it.

Your wife drapes a wig over your monitor to remind you of what she looks like.

Batteries in the TV remote now last for months.

You hire a housekeeper for your home page.

New mail alarm on your palmtop annoys other churchgoers.

Your mouse-clicking forearm rivals Popeye's.

Your household pets mimic the soundblaster card for attention.

You unsuccessfully try to download a pizza from www.dominos.com.

You try to order a movie from Blockbuster video by downloading it at 44,000 BPS.

You get hundreds of comments posted for you at EBay.com.

You check your mail. It says "no new messages." So you check it again.

You can't call your mother ... she doesn't have a modem.

You tell the taxi driver you live at http://1100.sunset.ave/mansion/brick.html

You're upset because an obituary fails to mention the deceased's new email address.

You try to pay the babysitter via electronic transfer or PayPal.

You start tilting your head sideways to smile.

When your car is crashing through the guardrail on a mountain road, your first instinct is to search for the Back button.

Your desk collapses under the weight of your computer peripherals.

You want to meet someone new and your first impulse is to turn on your computer.

You double click your TV remote

You forget that you don't have to use your keyboard when using your telephone.

You try to enter your password on the microwave.

You have more than 5 email addresses.

You set up a Web page for each of your kids.

Your dog has its own home page too.

You use more than 20 passwords.

Three words: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

If you can write a list like this.

If you immediately think of ten people to whom you want to send this list.

You come back and check this list every half-hour.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">