• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

back child support/Florida/modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jer@0021

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Can back child support be reduced in Florida or does modification apply only to present amounts and amount going forward. ?
No job in 2 yrs. no chance of paying 600/mo. in Jail on a writt of attachment for approx 15k. Does have investment house with a little bit of equity of maybe 10-15K. But remodel not finished, not rentable as is,still needs a lot of work.
Owner can not finish when in jail. Held on contempt of court 120 days.
House probably not saleable as is. What next? File for modification and reduced amt/mo? Try to get out of jail long enough to finish house? I know, my crystal ball is not working today either. What do you think?
Please answer first question if possible.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Can back child support be reduced in Florida or does modification apply only to present amounts and amount going forward. ?
No job in 2 yrs. no chance of paying 600/mo. in Jail on a writt of attachment for approx 15k. Does have investment house with a little bit of equity of maybe 10-15K. But remodel not finished, not rentable as is,still needs a lot of work.
Owner can not finish when in jail. Held on contempt of court 120 days.
House probably not saleable as is. What next? File for modification and reduced amt/mo? Try to get out of jail long enough to finish house? I know, my crystal ball is not working today either. What do you think?
Please answer first question if possible.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Any modifications will apply to only the current/future support, possibly going back to the date the modification was filed for.

The NCP has only 2 choices right now, one- serve the entire 120 days, or two- pay the purge and get out sooner. NCP can file for a modification as soon as he/she is relaesed from jail.

jaybird32

file this motion....

I live in Fla. If you cannot get out and have to do your bid....You need to file a motion for abeyance of arearages while you are incarcerated....While you are locked up your support payments will stop accrueing. I did it and 2 and a half years of payments came off from the day of my lock up..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">