• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back child support/IRS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

texasdawn

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?TX

DH currently owes about $6630 in back child support, and we are payign $120 a month towards it. A little of my situation:

DH works full time. I work part-time at home, and they don't take out taxes since i am an independent contractor. I must pay my taxes at the end of the year, (even though i don't expect it to be much, and will probably get a large refund back with us both filing...maybe $3000 refund.)

Now, when they take the refund for back child support, do they take JUST the refund (I am just wondering if I will have to pay MY taxes out of pocket or will the refund sent to IRS already reflect it paid?) And also, do they take the WHOLE refund? I am aware of the "Innocent spouse" (is that what it is called?) where I am not responsible for his child support. So how do they conclude what part of the refund would be his and what would be mine if we file jointly?

Hope I made sense! :confused: LOL thanks in advance

haiku

if you do not file "injured spouse" they wil take the entire refund given to you and your husband.

go here www.irs.gov fo rmore info about injured spouse.

B

blendedfamily

IT's form 8379...I'm in the process of doing this....

nextwife

If YOU OWE taxes and file jointly, the IRS will take the taxes owed to them out FIRST before any intercept amount is applied toward CS..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">