• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back Child Support With No Court Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frivvy89

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I have a situation where I have $25,000+ in back child support that was established in Huntsville,AL between 2003-2004 and I would like to know if you could get it reduced or completely done away with.

My children's mother and I are from Delaware. However, we conceived our twins in the state of Missouri.

We split-up in 1994. She moved back to Delaware and I stayed in Missouri. I moved to Huntsville in August of 2000.

The mother of my twins came to Huntsville between 2002-2003. She was only in Huntsville for about 4-6 months when she filed for the child support.

She was awarded this back child support and No paternity had been established and my name is Not on the birth certificates of the twins.

In October of 2004 the state contacted my family that lives in Huntsville, while I had recently moved to Tennessee. My family then contacted me in TN and told me that the state had taken the children and wanted to turn them over to me.

I've had the children for 2 years now here in TN, they are now 12 years of age. Paternity still has Not been established. My name is still Not on the birth certificates and I have Not heard from their mother since I've had them.

Is there anyway you can get this child support reduced or completely done away with?

Thanx!

moburkes

Well, you've made some mistakes. Its probably too late to disestablish paternity, even if you wanted to (and I don't see that you do), so that issue is moot. Since you haven't gone to court, that back support is accruing. You need to go to court to get it changed so that mom owes YOU support, which can negate some of what you owe her. It won't be removed without her consent, though.

frivvy89

Hello all,

It has been a long time since I posted this. I would like to say things have changed since then. The $27,000 child support debt is gone! I haven't been happier. I did not use a lawyer. I sent 2 letters the child support office. The first helped get the support minimized but the second got my debt completely removed. Since I have custody of my children, they realized that I shouldn't be paying support. This is to let everyone know that there is hope. After praying over the letters and sending them, I received my blessing! Thank you almighty God!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">