• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

back child suppt-married??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jonathan21

In Mississippi. About three years ago, my wife and I filed for divorce the quick and easy way and on the day before the divorce was final, she withdrew the paperwork, told me I would never see my daughter again, and disappeared out of state for over two years. There was never any word about where they went, the family wouldn't talk to me. Attorney's said they needed a place to start looking and I had no idea. By chance I ran into her father with my daughter and am now seeing her every other weekend (at their house) for about an hour or so each time. At first, my wife said she will not divorce me, though she is pregnant again and has a boyfriend. Now, she says she will sign divorce papers but will not let me take our daughter on visitation home to Florida, and on top of wanting child support, she wants back child support for the years she disappeared. Am I obligated to pay back child support even though we have been married the entire time and she refused a divorce?

MrsK

Usually, support is only ordered from the date filed.

She hasnt filed for it yet, so I would not worry.

If you want to see your daughter- why not file for custody and visitation with the child? You will most likely be allowed to take your child to Florida/have her visit you in Florida if you would take this to court.

You should consult an atty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">