• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back cs new wife paying it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mimiro

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah, they reside in Ohio.

So Im asking this because I dont know legally how this is happening. Im open to answering any questions asked about the situation but please dont be snippy or insulting.

My bio father and my mother were divorced in the early 80s, child support and visitation were set, the whole 9. Very shortly after my mother, who my bro and me resided with moved from Ohio to Florida, met my step dad then moved to Utah with him.

So my father has never visited, sent b.day cards, phone calls, c.support, none of it. It was ok because my step dad filled in the gaps completely and I didnt feel anything was lacking, parentally, my entire childhood.

Long story cut very short.... My bio, my father, has always been in and out of prison, always been poor, always on drugs, is over 20 grand in arrears for c.s.
I dont blame him fornot visiting, we were states away, I dont blame him for non support, he knew I was provided for and I know he is a p.o.s.

While I dont have a real relationship with my father, I do with his wife of 20+ years. She is a door mat, working 3 jobs while he sits around getting stoned all day. Thats another issue entirely.

So, to get to the quick, im 30, my bro is 28, there is back c.s. that should be paid, no question, but they are taking it from my step mothers income tax retun!

And I dont know absolutely all of the details, but i know this... The person who should be paying the support isnt, his wife is.

3 years in a row she has had her income tax taken to pay back c.s. For kids she didnt have. Ive told her to divorce his butt or file separately but she is the type that wont help herself unless you do itfor her.

Now i know that the arrears must be paid, but by HIM! It is not fair, IMO, that he is a p.o.s. That doesnt work and sits around high everyday and on top of that has somebody else pay his back child support!

Somebody please shed some light on this. Is it possible that his current wife, because she is the household income, would have to pay back c.s. For kids she didnt have? What advice can I give her other than divorce this p.o.s.?

Please disregard the grammatical errors, Im on an IPad, the keyboard is labor intensive. I do know that I's should be capitalized and all that, but i dont want to push an extra button. :)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

So Im asking this because I dont know legally how this is happening. Im open to answering any questions asked about the situation but please dont be snippy or insulting.

My bio father and my mother were divorced in the early 80s, child support and visitation were set, the whole 9. Very shortly after my mother, who my bro and me resided with moved from Ohio to Florida, met my step dad then moved to Utah with him.

So my father has never visited, sent b.day cards, phone calls, c.support, none of it. It was ok because my step dad filled in the gaps completely and I didnt feel anything was lacking, parentally, my entire childhood.

Long story cut very short.... My bio, my father, has always been in and out of prison, always been poor, always on drugs, is over 20 grand in arrears for c.s.
I dont blame him fornot visiting, we were states away, I dont blame him for non support, he knew I was provided for and I know he is a p.o.s.

While I dont have a real relationship with my father, I do with his wife of 20+ years. She is a door mat, working 3 jobs while he sits around getting stoned all day. Thats another issue entirely.

So, to get to the quick, im 30, my bro is 28, there is back c.s. that should be paid, no question, but they are taking it from my step mothers income tax retun!

And I dont know absolutely all of the details, but i know this... The person who should be paying the support isnt, his wife is.

3 years in a row she has had her income tax taken to pay back c.s. For kids she didnt have. Ive told her to divorce his butt or file separately but she is the type that wont help herself unless you do itfor her.

Now i know that the arrears must be paid, but by HIM! It is not fair, IMO, that he is a p.o.s. That doesnt work and sits around high everyday and on top of that has somebody else pay his back child support!

Somebody please shed some light on this. Is it possible that his current wife, because she is the household income, would have to pay back c.s. For kids she didnt have? What advice can I give her other than divorce this p.o.s.?

Please disregard the grammatical errors, Im on an IPad, the keyboard is labor intensive. I do know that I's should be capitalized and all that, but i dont want to push an extra button. :)
This isn't your business.

Silverplum

You could've saved several button-pushes had you avoided calling your father unpleasant names.

And you may save all button-pushes in future, because this is not your legal business. You could advise your stepmother to sign up here to get help for her situation.

Antigone*

This is absodanglutely none of your legal business. If your step mother likes being a door mat, then so be it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It's entirely possible that this saint of a woman and the POS agreed that she would help him fulfill his obligations. That's not being a door mat, that's being a partner in a marriage. In EITHER case, it's not up to the butt-insky step-child to stick his/her nose in the middle of it.

It is rather interesting that you are okay with your step-father supporting children that are not his, but you feel differently about your step-mother supporting exactly the same legal strangers.

Your step-mom has legal remedies, if she chooses to seek them. You can help her by suggesting she sign up here for advice.

Just Blue

It is rather interesting that you are okay with your step-father supporting children that are not his, but you feel differently about your step-mother supporting exactly the same legal strangers.

Your step-mom has legal remedies, if she chooses to seek them. You can help her by suggesting she sign up here for advice.
VERY interesting point. Thank you for pointing it out!!:cool:

CSO286

3 years in a row she has had her income tax taken to pay back c.s. For kids she didnt have. Ive told her to divorce his butt or file separately but she is the type that wont help herself unless you do it for her.
<snip>
She could have filed an injured spouse claim. That would allow her to recieve her portion of any tax refund they may be entitled to. Otherwise, she can stop filing jointly with her husband.

Last edited:

Mimiro

You could've saved several button-pushes had you avoided calling your father unpleasant names.

And you may save all button-pushes in future, because this is not your legal business. You could advise your stepmother to sign up here to get help for her situation.
Yeah, she has no computer, no internet, is absolutely poor and lives states away. She can not pay for an attorney or ask here, which is why i am doing it.

Mimiro

Actually, when i posted that i was cutting the story very short, i left out how i feel about any of it, so you tell me how I feel, based on your own assumptions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">