• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cac

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I have 2 children still under the age of 18. My ex still owes about $10,000 in back support. We were just told last week he only has 6 months to live. Naturally he isn't working now so the support isn't being paid again. What happens when he dies about the back support. What legal if any actions should I be looking into? I know after his death the children will get SS but are there things I should be doing to prepare for this?

Thanks,

CAC

Silverplum

Why, yes, there are things you could do:

1.) Buy a nice red or other brightly colored dress, perhaps with flowers on it;
2.) Buy some new fun high heels to match your dress;
3.) Attend the funeral in high style;
4.) Make sure to bring his children so they can enjoy the spectacle.

Last edited:

Ambr

cac said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana

I have 2 children still under the age of 18. My ex still owes about $10,000 in back support. We were just told last week he only has 6 months to live. Naturally he isn't working now so the support isn't being paid again. What happens when he dies about the back support. What legal if any actions should I be looking into? I know after his death the children will get SS but are there things I should be doing to prepare for this?

Thanks,

CAC

Are you looking for Assets to go after, after he passes?
Ways to latch onto the estate of the ex for the arrearage?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">