• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

back support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harry456

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I have raised a 23 yr old daughter with no support from her bio father who resides in Idaho. I would like to know if I can force him to pay the back support even though my wife ( her mother ) does not want to pursue this case.

Neal1421

harry456 said:

I have raised a 23 yr old daughter with no support from her bio father who resides in Idaho. I would like to know if I can force him to pay the back support even though my wife ( her mother ) does not want to pursue this case.
Was there ever a child support order?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
harry456 said:

YOU are only the step father from the sounds of this and have NO standing to do anything. If your wife NEVER got a support against him then it is too late to try to get support now. And even if she did have a support order against him, it still may be too late for her to do so depending on the circumstances. However since she does not want to pursue it, the answer is NO!

Silverplum

harry456 said:
My wife did have a support order and I think he paid a few months and then quit.
Tell her to dig it out, if she's interested, and to post exactly (word-for-word) what it says, including which state issued it.

BelizeBreeze

When did the minor child read the age of majority (18)?
EDITED: I suggest YOU, the poster, read Idaho Code § 5-245; or Stonecipher v. Stonecipher, 131 Idaho 731, 963 P.2d 1168 (1998)

Silverplum

nextwife said:
My guess?

Mom didn't want Dad trying to enforce cross-country visitation, so she left it alone.
I'll bet with you on that.
Also that she'd found a "better" dad for the Musical Daddy Sweepstakes Game! :rolleyes:

And, OP, if you felt so resentful, mom could always have given custody to dad and made him bring the girl up.

BelizeBreeze

Just so everyone knows, the statute of limitations in Idaho is the age of majority plus 5 years. that's why the question.

The SOL has run....There is no case here.

Silverplum

BelizeBreeze said:
Just so everyone knows, the statute of limitations in Idaho is the age of majority plus 5 years. that's why the question.

Thanks for the info.
Even though I wrote that you were hot when you withheld info, I still like to read the (correct) answers to questions. ;)

tigger22472

BelizeBreeze said:

Actually even despite this, there never was a case, as pointed out this poster had no standing to do anything and he's already stated his wife doesn't want to pursue it.

harry456

vengence

Ok, thanks for the advice. It appears I don't have a case, but I'm going to send a letter to the jerk anyway. It appears he has reconnected with my wife and a divorce is in my future. The man has money and I don't and it would have been fun to make him sweat dollars to defend himself. Can't imagine how my wife could go back to a man who dumped her and her baby 23 yrs ago. The only thing I can say is I got a cool daughter and two cool sons out of this mess and the two cheaters probably deserve each other.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">