• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back support and "my" money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nicole60

What is the name of your state? CA.

My husband has never paid nor been asked for child support for his now 16 yo son. The child does not even know he is the father, though it is written in the divorce papers. Can the boy ever ask for back support? Can the ex-wife? Is there a statute of limitations? And finally, how do I protect myself and my future monies from this? (eg: I will be inheriting a large sum of money in the next ten to twenty years)

Thank you for your help.

Litigation!

nicole60 said:
What is the name of your state? CA.

My husband has never paid nor been asked for child support for his now 16 yo son. The child does not even know he is the father, though it is written in the divorce papers. Can the boy ever ask for back support? Can the ex-wife? Is there a statute of limitations? And finally, how do I protect myself and my future monies from this? (eg: I will be inheriting a large sum of money in the next ten to twenty years)

Thank you for your help.

My response:

No, your son can't; but, you can - - at least you can obtain support from now until the kid is 18, or if not graduated from high school, until the age of 19.

What does your inheritance have to do with anything?

Are you male or female?

IAAL

Just Blue

Litigation! said:
My response:

No, your son can't; but, you can - - at least you can obtain support from now until the kid is 18, or if not graduated from high school, until the age of 19.

What does your inheritance have to do with anything?

Are you male or female?

IAAL

IAAL...this is , I think, the new wife wanting to "protect" her money...;)

Nichole...I suggest you don't have any children with this "fine" example of fatherhood....:(

Litigation!

baystategirl said:

Nichole...I suggest you don't have any children with this "fine" example of fatherhood....:(

My response:

You're probably right. I left my scorecard in my other pants.

I just love these people who write nearly incoherent posts, and then don't come back.

IAAL

Just Blue

Litigation! said:
My response:

You're probably right. I left my scorecard in my other pants.

I just love these people who write nearly incoherent posts, and then don't come back.

IAAL

She probably is looking at new trailers ...you know...'cause she is gonna be inheriting a "large sum of money in 10 or 20 years"...;)

ceara19

baystategirl said:

Don't you just LOVE the way some women ask "How can I protect MY money from the greedy b*tch?", yet always want to complain that mom is "taking too much of OUR money from my HUSBAND'S check?"
:rolleyes:

N

nicole60

You know, it was just a question. Thank you for being so judgemental and righteous. I didn't realize I was signing onto a forum of "perfect" people. Both of you responders think you are just so wonderful and know-it-alls; my two favorite kinds of people.

I hope the administrators of this forum are reading. I'm sure they will realize why I am now signing out of this forum. I thought I would just get an ANSWER to my question; too much to ask for, I suppose. What I received was mean-spirited nonsense.

fairisfair

nicole60 said:
You know, it was just a question. Thank you for being so judgemental and righteous. I didn't realize I was signing onto a forum of "perfect" people. Both of you responders think you are just so wonderful and know-it-alls; my two favorite kinds of people.

I hope the administrators of this forum are reading. I'm sure they will realize why I am now signing out of this forum. I thought I would just get an ANSWER to my question; too much to ask for, I suppose. What I received was mean-spirited nonsense.
No one can touch YOUR money, you are not responsible for this child. Yes, child support order can still be filed, after all Junior is only 16 years old, your post really didn't give enough information for a very good answer and has probably been asked at least a thousand times before, use your search function, and more details in your posting, for example, what is in the divorce decree? what it just names dad, no support or anything else? How was paternity established? etc. etc. etc. And besides, you have no interest (not legal) in the situation, this is not your child, and no one can get your money, so why are you asking?
By the way, a man with a 16 year old son, who doesn't even know he exists.....BEAUTIFUL!

N

nicetryadmin

Interesting how the OP's screen name is no longer valid...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">