• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bank levy on exs bank account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

He actually did, just in somewhat unintelligible grammar. The ex-husband shares a bank account with his mother who is a foreign citizen. His mother deposited a significant amount of money into the bank account. The CSE has seized that money because the ex-husband's name is on the account.

I suspect that the ex is telling the truth, and in that case I feel very sorry for the ex's mother, because she does not deserve to lose what may be her life's savings for her adult son's wrongdoings.
Yeah...I just went back over the ramblings of OP with a different perspective. Thank You LD...:)

Last edited by a moderator:

ktaegel

Okay now that we got all that out of the way can can anyone please answer any of the questions in the original post

Will it be in a lump sum?
Is it put on put on the smione card?
How long does it usually take?

Proserpina

I thought that meant you were a citizen for the time you were here but if it expires it means you're illegal? Or does illegal just refer to coming to the u.s. without ever having any permission?

Citizenship doesn't "come and go", you silly boy.

A citizen is someone who was either born in the US (or US overseas territory, etc.) or who has naturalized (big word, I know - look it up).

A non-citizen is someone who is legally visiting or living and/or working here and who isn't a citizen. Some are "legal permanent residents", others are not - but they're still legal.

If you entered the country illegally, we call that "EWI" which stands for "Entered Without Inspection". You're automatically illegal except for one or two teeny tiny situations which do not matter for the purposes of this discussion.

If you entered with a valid visa or other permit, and overstay, that doesn't necessarily mean you're illegal per se (look up that phrase too) ... that situation is something of a grey area which is far too complex for me to explain to you in the short lifetime we have available.

Last edited by a moderator:

ktaegel

Really? I'm the one being told I'm an idiot and to go back to school because citizenship has never played a factor in my life

ktaegel

By stating the person who is making claims to the money is an illegal immigrant? (which apparently doesn't make much difference)

ktaegel

I find it funny how through all this thread only one of the questions got any answer and they all seem to be pretty basic question
Is it put on the smione card?
How long will it all take?

Instead the focus has been on everything but what the topic is

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I find it funny how through all this thread only one of the questions got any answer and they all seem to be pretty basic question

Your wife is free to inquire about the questions relating to her money.

Just Blue

Can't say

Don't know

Who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">