• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bank levy on exs bank account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktaegel

Texas

Okay I'll make this as short as possible
They levied my wife's ex husband for back child support and I just want to know
Do we get the whole 20k they took?
Will it be in a lump sum?
Is it put on put on the smione card?
How long will it all take?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Texas

Okay I'll make this as short as possible
They levied my wife's ex husband for back child support and I just want to know
Do we get the whole 20k they took?
Will it be in a lump sum?
Is it put on put on the smione card?
How long will it all take?
Nope - your wife might get some/most/all of it though.
Really, it's HER money, not yours.

ktaegel

I can go on for the entire day about the word "we" when you are speaking in context of life with a spouse whether is the the spiritual or legal route but I don't care enough about you for that I just would like someone whose intelligence is relevant to answer my questions if someone would please be willing to do so

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I can go on for the entire day about the word "we" when you are speaking in context of life with a spouse whether is the the spiritual or legal route but I don't care enough about you for that I just would like someone whose intelligence is relevant to answer my questions if someone would please be willing to do so
Best of luck to you.

Silverplum

Golly, I sure hope this seepage of my intelligence pleases you, legal stranger:
https://childsupport.oag.state.tx.us/wps/portal/CSIMobile/MobileCSICPLogin/!ut/p/a1/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfGjzOJ9_H1MDN1NjHwsPA1NDRwDfILNnD18DQ0sTfQLsh0VAaUEYaA!/

LdiJ

Any legitimate forum you deal with is going to respond to you on a legal basis. On a legal basis there is no "we" in this scenario.

If they really took 20k, and if the state does not have any claim to any of the money, your wife will get all off it. If your wife was on welfare benefits for any significant period of time prior or post marrying you, then she might not get any of it. It might all go to reimburse the state.

Or, she might get part of it if only part of it is needed to reimburse the state.

Or, 20k is what he owes, then its not guaranteed that they actually collected 20k...they might not have even collected 20 dollars.

ktaegel

She's had food stamps for a few months before and the kids get Medicaid but she's never been on welfare and from what her ex and his mom were saying is that they took 20321 from his bank account that they say is really his mom's money but from my understanding they can't do anything about the money being taken at this point because I don't think they could prove what money is hers and what money isnt

Silverplum

Would you happen to know about how long the process should take to get the money?
https://childsupport.oag.state.tx.us/wps/portal/CSIMobile/MobileCSICPLogin/!ut/p/a1/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfGjzOJ9_H1MDN1NjHwsPA1NDRwDfILNnD18DQ0sTfQLsh0VAaUEYaA!/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">