• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bench warrant question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Liz7711

What is the name of your state? Michigan

NCP had a bench warrant issued to him last November for no-show to show cause hearing. He had not paid any child support since last October (now over $4000 arrears). He just paid $100 last week. Is this usually enough to cancel the warrant? We have a conciliation meeting tomorrow at the FOC, and I am wondering if he will show up, given that he paid the $100. Is it possible the court made an agreement with him to cancel the warrant if he paid such an amount? Just wondering if anyone has info on this subject....thanks.

Liz7711 said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

NCP had a bench warrant issued to him last November for no-show to show cause hearing. He had not paid any child support since last October (now over $4000 arrears). He just paid $100 last week. Is this usually enough to cancel the warrant? We have a conciliation meeting tomorrow at the FOC, and I am wondering if he will show up, given that he paid the $100. Is it possible the court made an agreement with him to cancel the warrant if he paid such an amount? Just wondering if anyone has info on this subject....thanks.

I would doubt if the $100 payment will dismiss his warrant since the warrant for for a no show not money and if that is all he has paid since last October, unless he had a valid excuse for not showing in October.

Wait for the legal posters to come around, they will know!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">