• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beyond a dead beat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skyescape

:confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ND

My daughter's biological father just got arrested for not paying child support. He has by my count 5 other kids all from different mothers that he has never paid child support on(kids all under 5). My husband adopted my daughter, so her bio dad is no longer being held accountable for her. However; we are still really close with his side of the family. He is being held on a $10,000 cash bond until court on Tuesday. About what type of sentence can we expect? Yes we know he is a dead-beat, we have tried everything to help him, but nothing has worked, so please no comments on that.

Silverplum

:confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ND

My daughter's biological father just got arrested for not paying child support. He has by my count 5 other kids all from different mothers that he has never paid child support on(kids all under 5). My husband adopted my daughter, so her bio dad is no longer being held accountable for her. However; we are still really close with his side of the family. He is being held on a $10,000 cash bond until court on Tuesday. About what type of sentence can we expect? Yes we know he is a dead-beat, we have tried everything to help him, but nothing has worked, so please no comments on that.
Was the arrest in connection with YOUR daughter? I know you said he's no longer responsible to pay CS for your daughter now that she has been adopted, but it could be an unforgiven arrears issue...thus my question.

nextwife

Was the arrest in connection with YOUR daughter? I know you said he's no longer responsible to pay CS for your daughter now that she has been adopted, but it could be an unforgiven arrears issue...thus my question.
Not what she said. She said she had the deadbeat dad of these five kids adopt her daughter, resulting in biodad of her daughter being out of the picture.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Not what she said. She siad she had the deadbeat dad of these five kids adopt her daughter, resulting in biodad of her daughter being out of the picture.
WRONG. Reread it -- biodad is the deadbeat dad. Her husband adopted the child that used to be deadbeat biodad's.

Silverplum

Not what she said. She siad she had the deadbeat dad of these five kids adopt her daughter, resulting in biodad of her daughter being out of the picture.
What I'm REALLY getting at here is: is it any of her dang business? :rolleyes:

The whole Socratic thing just doesn't work here on FA. I should stop trying.

skyescape

:mad:I was just trying to get information for the deadbeat's family. My daughter and I are still very close with her grandparents on that side and they are wanting to know what he is looking at since no one will tell them anything in the county he is being held in. But I guess these posts aren't for possibly finding more info just for people to be belittling idiots who don't know anything about law anyway. Thanks for all the help...or definate lack there of!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
:mad:I was just trying to get information for the deadbeat's family. My daughter and I are still very close with her grandparents on that side and they are wanting to know what he is looking at since no one will tell them anything in the county he is being held in. But I guess these posts aren't for possibly finding more info just for people to be belittling idiots who don't know anything about law anyway. Thanks for all the help...or definate lack there of!
He will go to jail. He will rot until he pays a purge. What do you want us to do? Tell the future? My crystal ball is broke.

BL

FA's crystal Ball.

And more...

Order of Protection against an ex felon

https://forum.freeadvice.com/marriage-domestic-partnerships-other-family-law-matters-45/order-protection-against-ex-felon-434804.html

My siter-in-law (husband's brother's wife) is psycho
https://forum.freeadvice.com/libel-slander-defamation-88/dont-even-know-what-do-now-327134.html

My sister-in-law has been sending me verbally threatening emails

https://forum.freeadvice.com/marriage-domestic-partnerships-other-family-law-matters-45/harrassment-298884.html

My mother-in-law is to be sentenced for embezzlement

https://forum.freeadvice.com/sentencing-parole-pardons-plea-bargains-29/time-embezzlement-257418.html

I am a father who lives in North Dakota. I have a daughter born outside of wedlock that I pay child support for. I am also married and have 2 other children of my own through this marriage

https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/cant-pay-child-support-its-too-much-174373.html

Drake01

Not possible to put exact time frames on it. He'll probably be ordered a "purge" amount and the court will hold him hostage (in the traditional usage of the word) until they can extort it from family members, or until the court comes to realize there are no family members able or willing to be extorted for release money. Given the way state budgets are going in this day and age he probably won't be in jail all that long.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">