• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bio-Father needs help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Carroll

Bio-Father - advice on additional CS

What is the name of your state? IL

I am the father of 2 boys. I have never resided or lived with the mother. I went to court for our first child and we agreed on joint custody - she has physical custody of both. I pay child support for the children and I cover both of them on my health insurance. Here is where the problem starts. I pay her on the side additional money for our youngest (we never went to court.) In the past 7 years she hasn't held a full time job and has bounced from residence to residence. She claims to be going to school but no degree has ever ben obtained. She also collects public aid. I believe she collects it because she claims I don't pay cs on our youngest. I have a well paying job and have been ther 15+ years. She has once again moved and into a more expensive area where day care has increased along with her rent. She is now asking me to pay her an additional $1,000 a month. I know I should get a lawyer but what am I truely expected to pay for. I will pay whatever is right and support my children but shouldn't this woman start working to help pay for expenses?
Additional info - I have never missed a payment or a weekend with them. I have helped her out financially also when she' gotten herself into trouble. In addition to all that she uses my family as her free babysitters at least 5-6 times a month.
Advice? anyone

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">