• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Body Attachment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

purpleblurple

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

In regards to child support, what is a Body Attachment? I was told there was one for my ex. Not really sure what it is.

purpleblurple

Can you please elaborate for me. I guess Im a bit confused. NCP is 100+ without payment. $7000 in arrears. While we both had lawyers the state has been working on this case. I was told they dont put parents in jail unless all other avenues have failed. His license has yet to be suspended ect... So why would they have a body attachment? The state has been no help in answering my questions. Actually, Im pretty sure everything they tell me they are reading off a piece of paper. lol.

Thanks.

CourtClerk

They issue a body attachment because the judge wants to talk to him. He probably won't go to jail, they'd just like for him to come in and see why he's not paying his support. Simple as that. They'll deal with the issue when they see him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">