• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

boyfriend arrested on warrant..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kris0130

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida

my boyfriend got arrested for a warrant on this past saturday.
he is currently unemployed, but doing everything he can to find a job.
his court date is this coming wednesday, i am going to attend..
my questions are
1.)he told me to talk to the judge personally and take money with me, and tell the judges how hes been trying to get a job...will i actually be able to help him??
2.) If the judge finds that my boyfriend cannot make the payments, or the 2,000 dollar bond, will they release him if he agrees to enter a job readiness program or something of the sort? I will have about 100 bucks with me to pay on his bond..but thats it..

I don't feel like he should be in jail, when he could be out looking for a job..

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida

my boyfriend got arrested for a warrant on this past saturday.
he is currently unemployed, but doing everything he can to find a job.
his court date is this coming wednesday, i am going to attend..
What type of warrant?

my questions are
1.)he told me to talk to the judge personally and take money with me, and tell the judges how hes been trying to get a job...will i actually be able to help him??
Nope. You can also get your self in trouble for trying to represent him -- unless of course you are an attorney and if you were you would not be here asking that question. Quite frankly, you need to walk away from your boyfriend QUICKLY. Actually, no don't walk away. RUN.

2.) If the judge finds that my boyfriend cannot make the payments, or the 2,000 dollar bond, will they release him if he agrees to enter a job readiness program or something of the sort? I will have about 100 bucks with me to pay on his bond..but thats it..
Look, they will not release him if he is arrested for nonpayment of support UNTIL he pays a purge amount. 100 bucks won't do it. Your boyfriend is a big boy. He needs to grow up and start acting like an adult and handling his own problems.

I don't feel like he should be in jail, when he could be out looking for a job..
And I am sure his ex feels like he should be SUPPORTING HIS children. Yet somehow he has avoided that for long enough to get arrested. Why can't he work at McDonald's? Burger King? The gas station? Picking up trash? ANYTHING? Why does his bedmate need to be bailing his butt out?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">