• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Braces

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shadowcat67

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
In my fiance's Order of Support he has been directed to pay 38% ( due to financial harship) of Daycare, medical expenses, co-pays, prescriptions and Medical, Dental Insurance. We pay this all on a monthly basis directly to the mother based on the receipts she sends us. We just received an over $4000.00 bill for Braces. We didn't even know she was getting braces. Can she just spring a bill on us like that and expect 38%? Are Braces a "necessity"? We are struggling just to keep up on the regular monthly payments and do not want to fall into Arrears, Please help.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
In my fiance's Order of Support he has been directed to pay 38% ( due to financial harship) of Daycare, medical expenses, co-pays, prescriptions and Medical, Dental Insurance. We pay this all on a monthly basis directly to the mother based on the receipts she sends us. We just received an over $4000.00 bill for Braces. We didn't even know she was getting braces. Can she just spring a bill on us like that and expect 38%? Are Braces a "necessity"? We are struggling just to keep up on the regular monthly payments and do not want to fall into Arrears, Please help.
Dad needs to speak to mom about this. It is important that THEY co-parent (hint - you are intentionally left out of the equation).

I sincerely doubt that you've been ordered by the court to pay anything. Have dad refer to his court order if he has any other questions.

He also has the option of posing his own question when he does have the court order with him.

shadowcat67

Well being as we live together with my own 8 year old child "his" financial situation certainly affects us all. The mother, by the way, is totally unwilling to talk to him about these issues. She just wants MONEY and has stated that just because they are divorced, he should continue to pay for the house he GAVE her in the divorce. Look I was just looking for some friendly advise. You can keep your hostility to yourself. Thanks for nothing

Silverplum

Well being as we live together with my own 8 year old child "his" financial situation certainly affects us all. The mother, by the way, is totally unwilling to talk to him about these issues. She just wants MONEY and has stated that just because they are divorced, he should continue to pay for the house he GAVE her in the divorce. Look I was just looking for some friendly advise. You can keep your hostility to yourself. Thanks for nothing
:rolleyes:

Not your child, not your relationship, not your legal business. Simple as that.

The End.

shadowcat67

What the hell is the matter with you people? He asked me to help him!!! We are FAMILY Me, him, my kid, his kids. We are planning on getting married so YES it is my problem!! It's OUR future & we want to give OUR kids whatever we can.

Silverplum

What the hell is the matter with you people?
Nothing at all.
What's the matter with you?

shadowcat67 said:
He asked me to help him!!!
Further proof of my Theory. ;)

shadowcat67 said:
We are FAMILY Me, him, my kid, his kids. We are planning on getting married so YES it is my problem!! It's OUR future & we want to give OUR kids whatever we can.
Not your child=Not your legal problem=Not your deal.

I don't know why you don't understand this, but it's not my JOB to MAKE you understand. It's clear you REFUSE to grasp the information. :rolleyes:

Good day.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What the hell is the matter with you people? He asked me to help him!!! We are FAMILY Me, him, my kid, his kids. We are planning on getting married so YES it is my problem!! It's OUR future & we want to give OUR kids whatever we can.
You are a legal stranger. As much as you may love him and his child, you are legally no one. Please have Dad come here with his own account if he is seeking free input. Thanks.

shadowcat67

Everything my fiance has said (on my behalf) is true. What is the difference if you give her the info or I ask for it myself?Well here I am I am asking the question for myself, are $4000.00 braces a necesity? Obviously we don't know about the law thats why she was trying to find out for me. Please do not post any reply if it is not a professional one. I'm not here for opinions I'm here for solid legal advise

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Please create your own account. No, it's not a requirement, but many will not help you otherwise. Sorry.

Antigone*

Everything my fiance has said (on my behalf) is true. What is the difference if you give her the info or I ask for it myself?Well here I am I am asking the question for myself, are $4000.00 braces a necesity? Obviously we don't know about the law thats why she was trying to find out for me. Please do not post any reply if it is not a professional one. I'm not here for opinions I'm here for solid legal advise
Exactly what does your court order say with regards to medical/dental. Word for word, please.

shadowcat67

Nothing at all.
What's the matter with you?

Further proof of my Theory. ;)

Not your child=Not your legal problem=Not your deal.

I don't know why you don't understand this, but it's not my JOB to MAKE you understand. It's clear you REFUSE to grasp the information. :rolleyes:

Good day.
You have no theory and I grasp the info just fine. You should try facebook instead as you are no PROFESSIONAL

shadowcat67

braces

my Order of Disposition states that I am responsible for 38% of any uninsured health related expenses for the children and 38% of any child care expenses

Silverplum

You have no theory
Yes, I do. But it's my "Theory," not "theory."

20% Discount for FA Senior Members!

shadowcat67 said:
and I grasp the info just fine.
Clearly the thread shows you/she/whomever did not. But that's okay, right?

Because...

shadowcat67 said:
You should try facebook instead as you are no PROFESSIONAL
I'm a professional. Professional what, I do not tell online. ;)

(Except for Senior Judge and a couple of Others, of course.)

What are you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">