• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bureau of Labor Statistics

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LaMom

Hi, I don't post much but I read a lot! I just wanted to pass on this website that my atty. made me aware of. It is www.bls.gov The bureau of labor statistics. It is a large website to navigate but check out the wage information data to the left of the screen. It gives pretty accurate information regarding wage statistics in all states as well as metro areas. I am just posting this because I debated for a long time on if I should request an increase in CS or not. Wondering if it was fair that I ask, and if it was even worth it. I also read a lot of posts from people wanting to know how to find out what the ex makes. I know this is not the "end all be all" answer, but it is a great jumping off point. I hope you guys find it interesting as well.

LaMom said:
Hi, I don't post much but I read a lot! I just wanted to pass on this website that my atty. made me aware of. It is www.bls.gov The bureau of labor statistics. It is a large website to navigate but check out the wage information data to the left of the screen. It gives pretty accurate information regarding wage statistics in all states as well as metro areas. I am just posting this because I debated for a long time on if I should request an increase in CS or not. Wondering if it was fair that I ask, and if it was even worth it. I also read a lot of posts from people wanting to know how to find out what the ex makes. I know this is not the "end all be all" answer, but it is a great jumping off point. I hope you guys find it interesting as well.
I just looked! Cool Link.....Thanks!:)

fairisfair

LaMom said:
You should post more often, good info, thanks from all!

E

eme76

thank you

i have a feeling this will come in very handy now that ex has decided to work for his family

nextwife

Sorry, I just looked at this, and, at least as far as my husband's and my occupations, it's total BS. His occupation doesn't exist, the closest is "production", and the closest I could find is "sales representative", and this site says my occupation median wage should be $82,000! OMG! Glad nobody is trying to imput that wage to me, nobody in my industry is making that in sales around here.

IT's totally unrepresentative of either of our industries.

LaMom

Like I said, not the "end all be all" of info. Just an interesting website. My husbands wages are represented within 1000.00 per year of his acutal salary here in Louisiana. I guess the information depends on the correct survey information of from our government for the area specified (enough said!). Anyway, I am sorry it was not correct for you but it has been very represenative of several family members for me (mother, sister, myself). If I look nationaly our wages are totaly under estimated, but localy they are, for the most part, on target. Once again, just passing on what I thought would be helpfull and interesting.
Thanks

N

nicetryadmin

LaMom said:
"Pretty accurate" according to who??!

The government?

Oh yeah...because we always know the Government can be trusted when it comes to accuracy. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry...where were the WMD's again??!!

Last edited:

Whyte Noise

My husband is underpaid by more than $15,000 a year according to that site.

*goes to search for the companies that research was done on and submit his resume to them*

:p

nextwife

Some fields have very broad ranges, so a "median" income can be skewed by the very high earners.

Examples; Actor, Singer, Salesperson, Clothing Designer, Software Company Owner.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">