• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

C/S still coming on payment of arrearage.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lisalee40

Wisconsin. C/S from arrearages still being collected door 26 y/o son. Son feels he should receive arrearages. This is $ due me for past arrearages. Any advice?? FAST?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Wisconsin. C/S from arrearages still being collected door 26 y/o son. Son feels he should receive arrearages. This is $ due me for past arrearages. Any advice?? FAST?
It's YOUR money.

ETA: The money (arrearages) that you are receiving is intended to reimburse you for what you've already spent.

lisalee40

My $

Yes, I realize this but my son is, for lack of a better word, extorting (terrible feeling) this $75 per mo. I just don't know how to get him to see that...

lisalee40

C/S arrearage

Logically, I would do that. But his dad is pissed at paying arrearage and has it in his head that son should get $. Son is getting mouthy and disrespectful regarding this. Says classic, 'I won't talk to you ". Niutz, all of a sudden this 26 y/o demands this and this is out of character. I know this push is coming from dad as he just recently met him. Like everything, it is not black and white. Arghhh!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Logically, I would do that. But his dad is pissed at paying arrearage and has it in his head that son should get $. Son is getting mouthy and disrespectful regarding this. Says classic, 'I won't talk to you ". Niutz, all of a sudden this 26 y/o demands this and this is out of character. I know this push is coming from dad as he just recently met him. Like everything, it is not black and white. Arghhh!
No, it IS black and white. The money you are receiving is yours. YOU are the one with the ability to choose whether or not you allow this 26 year old man to disrespect you. Make the right choice.

lisalee40

C/S arrearage

Thanks to all, I came looking for advice and encouragement and I got the support I needed to move in my gut reaction to this situation. Probably won't be pretty but you are all correct!

Just Blue

Thanks to all, I came looking for advice and encouragement and I got the support I needed to move in my gut reaction to this situation. Probably won't be pretty but you are all correct!
No...It will not be pretty. But it is NECESSARY! :(

Best of luck to you...

Blue

Proserpina

(Doing this won't make it less pretty - in fact it's likely to make it even uglier - but it might get the point across ... )

Tally up your son's portion of the rent/mortgage, utilities, food, clothing ... for the entire time you've raised him. Present him with the bill. Try to hide the smirk on your face as his jaw drops ...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">