• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Calculating non-custodial time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pebblebrook

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

Can someone please help me determine the correct time my son is with me as the non-custodial parent? I am trying to calculate support and am in disagreement with my ex on the appropriate ratio of time.

I have my son Tuesday and Thursday nights every week, as well as every other weekend. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I pick him up at 5:00 pm and drop him off at school at 7:30pm the following day. On the weekends that I have him, I pick him up at 7am on Saturday and drop him off at school on Monday morning, 7:30am.

My ex-wife and I have agreed that whomever has our son the night before is responsible for him the next day...if he is sick and can't go to school, if he is in need of care during the day outside of school/daycare hours, etc.

He is in before school care from 7:30-8:45am, in school from 9:00am to 3:35pm (except Thursdays, which is 12:30pm, then he goes to after school care until I pick him up at 5pm).

Phnx02

pebblebrook said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

Can someone please help me determine the correct time my son is with me as the non-custodial parent? I am trying to calculate support and am in disagreement with my ex on the appropriate ratio of time.

I have my son Tuesday and Thursday nights every week, as well as every other weekend. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I pick him up at 5:00 pm and drop him off at school at 7:30pm the following day. On the weekends that I have him, I pick him up at 7am on Saturday and drop him off at school on Monday morning, 7:30am.

My ex-wife and I have agreed that whomever has our son the night before is responsible for him the next day...if he is sick and can't go to school, if he is in need of care during the day outside of school/daycare hours, etc.

He is in before school care from 7:30-8:45am, in school from 9:00am to 3:35pm (except Thursdays, which is 12:30pm, then he goes to after school care until I pick him up at 5pm).
How ridiculously nitty gritty! She has him roughly 6 more days out of the month than you do. Why don't you just go 50/50 and call it even!

Whyte Noise

You have your child 12 overnights a month. (Tues, and Thurs. each week = 8 nights per month. EOW = 4 overnights per month.)

12 divided by 30 = 40% (Your percentage)
18 divided by 30 = 60% (Her percentage)

OR

8 x 12 = 96 + 4 more days for the months with 5 weeks = 100
26 x 2 = 56 for your weekends
56 + 100 = 156
156 divided by 365 = 42.7% (Your percentage based on yearly figures)

Is that what you were looking for?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">