• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California Ex Parte for Child Support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtDiva

I went to court this morning and was granted my modification. The Other Parent was a no show, turns out he was an hour late. I had already left by that point. He calls me and tells me that we have an emergency hearing tomorrow morning at 8am? But I never got served or anything like that? If I dont go will I lose?

Just Blue

I went to court this morning and was granted my modification. The Other Parent was a no show, turns out he was an hour late. I had already left by that point. He calls me and tells me that we have an emergency hearing tomorrow morning at 8am? But I never got served or anything like that? If I dont go will I lose?
Will you lose? Likely you will not "win".

DirtDiva

Problem is, I called out sick this morning to attend. I dont have hours at work to call out sick again because I am on probabtion at work.

DirtDiva

Are you trolling? If I had an atty I wouldnt be on this site. I dont know even if we really do have court tomorrow. My ex is spiteful enough to make me show up just to show up

CdwJava

Well, you may have a tough call. WILL you be sanctioned for not showing? Maybe. We have no way of knowing whether the court will be told you were served or not. If someone says you were served, you will then have to take MORE time off in order to reverse the harm.

So, if you do NOT show, you may find an unfavorable result that could take you time to modify. On the other hand, if you attend it is always possible that you were sold a bill of goods and lied to about the court date. It is exceedingly unlikely that the court would agree to a new court date 24 hours later.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Problem is, I called out sick this morning to attend. I dont have hours at work to call out sick again because I am on probabtion at work.
Is there a reason you didn't simply tell your boss that you had to go to court? Perhaps see if you could work around it - stay later a few days, go in on the weekend, etc?

Are you trolling? If I had an atty I wouldnt be on this site. I dont know even if we really do have court tomorrow. My ex is spiteful enough to make me show up just to show up
Which pretty well ends my interest in helping you. A LOT of people with lawyers come here to educate themselves. You know, to learn how to fish instead of expecting a fish served up to them on a plate, cooked and with sides and a drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">