• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can back child support be sent directly to the child after emancipation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jayne1996

Iowa

I'm new, and cannot read any posts... not sure if my account is still in activation, or what, but apparently I can post.

Thanks all
Jayne

Proserpina

Iowa

I'm new, and cannot read any posts... not sure if my account is still in activation, or what, but apparently I can post.

Thanks all
Jayne
Past due support is owed to the parent. What the parent does with it afterwards is entirely up to them.

OHRoadwarrior

When parent the support is due dies, unless it is willed, it becomes a probated asset that can be apportioned even though it may only be available as interest in a future collection.

CJane

In some states current child support can be sent to the child upon order of the court. But in no state is a court going to order that past due child support be paid directly to the child. It is not the child to whom it is owed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">