• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can camp be sustituded for child care?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Blink13

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

My CS order states, "Parties will share equally in child care expenses."

My babysitter is unfortunately no longer available for the rest of the summer and I am unable to find a replacement. I need to enroll my son in camp for the final few weeks of summer. The cost will actually comes out to a bit less than the estimate from the babysitter for the summer.

Does camp need to be explicitly mentioned in our order, or can it be equally substituted?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

My CS order states, "Parties will share equally in child care expenses."

My babysitter is unfortunately no longer available for the rest of the summer and I am unable to find a replacement. I need to enroll my son in camp for the final few weeks of summer. The cost will actually comes out to a bit less than the estimate from the babysitter for the summer.

Does camp need to be explicitly mentioned in our order, or can it be equally substituted?
What type of camp? Daycamp? Overnight camp?

Blink13

What type of camp? Daycamp? Overnight camp?
Day camp. It actually covers 3 more hours of care per day than the babysitter for the same cost.

My sitter came from noon-4 and my father was there in the mornings.

This means my father will not have to be there every morning before the sitter arrives.

Blink13

Day camp. It actually covers 3 more hours of care per day than the babysitter for the same cost.

My sitter came from noon-4 and my father was there in the mornings.

This means my father will not have to be there every morning before the sitter arrives.
My father loves being with my son....I don't want that taken the wrong way. I just feel bad that he is obligated.

ed4150

In my situation camp, daycare, or babysitter are looked at the same in our mediation agreement.

All 3 are used to allow you to work and provide for the child/children. We only had to agree on which option was most cost effective and beneficial for our son.

If the camp is needed because of work, we split the cost. If not, whichever parent has him that day is responsible for the expense.

I'm not a lawyer but I hope that helps.

Blink13

In my situation camp, daycare, or babysitter are looked at the same in our mediation agreement.

All 3 are used to allow you to work and provide for the child/children. We only had to agree on which option was most cost effective and beneficial for our son.

If the camp is needed because of work, we split the cost. If not, whichever parent has him that day is responsible for the expense.

I'm not a lawyer but I hope that helps.
I have sole custody and physical custody %100 (no visitation order). Does your agreement only state one of the three above with the other two being implied?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If camp is being used to cover while you are at work then it is daycare. If it is being used at other times (to give you a break to run errands or for entertainment) then it is not daycare. Understand?

Blink13

If camp is being used to cover while you are at work then it is daycare. If it is being used at other times (to give you a break to run errands or for entertainment) then it is not daycare. Understand?
Yes, thank you! It's only during my work hours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">