• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can CS be changed in NY?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

meg415

What is the name of your state?NY

I have a court order for CS dating back to 2000. Since then circumstances have changed. My ex's lied about his income at that time. My son is 17. Can I get CS re-assessed and claim for arrears for non-payment of medical bills for my son and back CS?

In NY CS payments continue until the child is 21?

Thank You!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You can request a modification of the CS amount - it would only be retroactive to the filing date unless you can prove that the original amount was set as a result of fraud on the part of your ex. Then a judge could order it back to the time of the original order. If your ex is ordered to pay a portion of the medical bills and he has not, you can file against him for contempt. And yes, CS in NYS is until 21, unless the child is emancipated.

meg415

Cs Ny

thank you for your response.

is this something i can handle by myself or should i get a lawyer?
how does one go about representing themselves?

thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">