• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can CSE keep address from NCP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

m5634

What is the name of your state? KS

Would like to know if it's legal for CSE to keep the new out of state address of CP from NCP with joint custody & court ordered visitation?

nextwife

To what end?

Did this CP move out of the state in whicxh the NCP resided? Did they first go through the legal process of properly notifying the NCP far enough in advance of the move? Did the move interfere with the court ordered visitation schedule?

Is the purpose of the move to confound NCPs access to their kids?

Last edited:

m5634

CP didn't abide by court order.

Just so I don't confuse anyone, this posting is about a different father than the one I have recently been posting about. Same Mom!!!

The CP moved out of state that has jurisdiction, and NCP still lives in jurisdictional state. He hasn't seen his child in about 6, 7 yrs. or maybe even longer.

CP never notified courts or father of move. He has been paying CS all these years, without access to his daughter. As in previous posts about the same Mom, she has kept child from this father as well.

I know CS & vistiation are 2 different issues. It's just a matter of trying to locate Mom thru the agency that enforces CS.

Since CSE would have to have address to send support to CP, and the NCP asks for it, by law do they have to give it to him?

BL

And CSE usully will not . Before the FOI act the postal Service would give you a forwarding address . Try Child Find Of America , they were most helpfull to me .

GrowUp!

stealth2 said:
Nope. CSE is under no obligation to provide that info.
But, unless there is a court order barring such information (i.e protective order), it's usually provided on orders, etc..

garrula lingua

File an OSC/Motion with the CSE, asking the judicial officer to disclose the CP's address for purposes of service of process for a custody hearing.

Most CSE agencies will accept service of process or agree to forward the paperwork to the CP. You must have a hearing in the works. (They have to cooperate with service of process to the CP).

Before you try this, contact all of the CPs friends & relatives to see if they will give you info (you will be asked by the CSE court as to what efforts you exerted to get the info). If you have exhausted all other means of getting the CPs address, then the CSE should assist with service (not necessarily giving you the address, just forwarding the paperwork & providing a proof of service for court).

That will, at least, get you in 'custody' court. Then, the 'custody' court can try to resolve the problem, if they choose (appointing an atty for the minor & instructing CSE to give the address to child's atty, or other means).

A court may not help in this situation, as it's been '6 or 7 years' since he pursued visitation.

As Blonde said, try ChildFind or other search methods.

Neal1421

m5634 said:
Just so I don't confuse anyone, this posting is about a different father than the one I have recently been posting about. Same Mom!!!

The CP moved out of state that has jurisdiction, and NCP still lives in jurisdictional state. He hasn't seen his child in about 6, 7 yrs. or maybe even longer.

CP never notified courts or father of move. He has been paying CS all these years, without access to his daughter. As in previous posts about the same Mom, she has kept child from this father as well.

I know CS & vistiation are 2 different issues. It's just a matter of trying to locate Mom thru the agency that enforces CS.

Since CSE would have to have address to send support to CP, and the NCP asks for it, by law do they have to give it to him?
Why has he waited 6 or 7 years to do something?

m5634

Thanks for your responses!

I have never about Child Find of America- I will definitely check it out.

As far as getting relatives & friends of Mom's to cooperate, that won't happen. The Mom actually had the nerve to have her friend lie in a letter written to the court. The purpose was to make the Dad look bad. Judge saw thru the lies.

The family won't cooperate, because they don't want to get Mom in trouble. (Which means they understand what she is doing is wrong).
Her family won't have anything to do with at least 2 of the grandchildren.

Can't tell you why the father has let all these years go by without fighting for his daughter.

Maybe he had been beaten down, by the system like a lot of parents, and just gave up.

He may have given up, because he couldn't take the games the mother continually played.

Or didn't have the money to continue fighting, to try and find his daughter every time Mom disappeared.

The father is Vietnamese, and there may be a language barrier.

I'm not making excuses for this father. These are just merely speculation, as to why he didn't fight for his daughter.

If the other father can reach him, I'm sure they will sit down and have a serious talk as to what kind of environment his daughter is being raised in.

It maybe too late, to do anything now. The daughter will be 16 yrs. old in the fall. Hopefully she won't follow in her Mom's footsteps.

Again thanks for your responses!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">