• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a Dead Beat Dad pull this off?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tab62

What is the name of your state? WA

The dead beat Dad's name is Shawn. My current husband is Tom. I had a baby between Shawn and I that is 15 years old. Shawn is hiding in California and so far we have not be able to serve him via the Enforcement court (Jerry is the Enforcement Officer for WA state). He doesn't work and avoids the mail system completely. Here what he wrote to day. Should I worry that he can sue me?

"Federal and state laws take into account support from other sources, the spouses interest, money and my visits and other. see attachment from federal website.
The judge can rule anyway he likes if we go to court.
Tom may not want to face the responsibilty, but he will ahve to unless we can agree outside of court. If we go to court I will have to hire an expensive lawyer to defend Tomiko's right to see me as we agreed since you left NY specifically for money with a job and no more children. You moved, quit work and had another child. The judge will take all of that into account, especially the amount of money Tom has begun to make since you took her from NY and it was suposedly for Tomiko's benefit. (Check-out another website - responsible fathers - many lawyers defend against unhappy ex-wives who have tried to mislead the courts.
I afraid to go this route because it would ultimately hurt Tomiko. Jerry never said any age or amount beyond 300-400 a month if I accept their administration. I don't. I checked the Washington website and it says to age 23 irregardless of what you want. Most states only require to 18 and some only to 16. It all depends where I choose to live. If we agree beforehand or if I accept the generic state government one-size-fits-all plan anywhere in the US, we avoid court. If I reside somewhere and choose to go to court, we will. Do you realize what your lies have cost everyone? I don't think you do. You have never been a happy person and all you have to do is sit around and blame people who have always tried to help you be happy. Do the right thing and call Jarry and tell him you made a mistake and we have agreed that no money will change hands permanently and I will reside in Seattle as long a s Tomiko is in High school and possibly beyond should she decide to stay in the rain. Do the right thing, please... By the way, there is no summons and complaint because there is no order, so no one is going to serve me anything. Someone is not telling you the truth.. I always have.... I watched Law and Order last night and the children suffered so much just because the mother and father couldn't come to an agreement. We always came to an agreement before Tom's interests went too far. You know that is true. Ask Jerry if I'm right about court and it being up to judge."
:confused:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Anyone can sue anyone else for any reason. What the outcome is depends on all the facts and circumstances - none of which you've included.

LdiJ

tab62 said:
What is the name of your state? WA

The dead beat Dad's name is Shawn. My current husband is Tom. I had a baby between Shawn and I that is 15 years old. Shawn is hiding in California and so far we have not be able to serve him via the Enforcement court (Jerry is the Enforcement Officer for WA state). He doesn't work and avoids the mail system completely. Here what he wrote to day. Should I worry that he can sue me?

"Federal and state laws take into account support from other sources, the spouses interest, money and my visits and other. see attachment from federal website.
The judge can rule anyway he likes if we go to court.
Tom may not want to face the responsibilty, but he will ahve to unless we can agree outside of court. If we go to court I will have to hire an expensive lawyer to defend Tomiko's right to see me as we agreed since you left NY specifically for money with a job and no more children. You moved, quit work and had another child. The judge will take all of that into account, especially the amount of money Tom has begun to make since you took her from NY and it was suposedly for Tomiko's benefit. (Check-out another website - responsible fathers - many lawyers defend against unhappy ex-wives who have tried to mislead the courts.
I afraid to go this route because it would ultimately hurt Tomiko. Jerry never said any age or amount beyond 300-400 a month if I accept their administration. I don't. I checked the Washington website and it says to age 23 irregardless of what you want. Most states only require to 18 and some only to 16. It all depends where I choose to live. If we agree beforehand or if I accept the generic state government one-size-fits-all plan anywhere in the US, we avoid court. If I reside somewhere and choose to go to court, we will. Do you realize what your lies have cost everyone? I don't think you do. You have never been a happy person and all you have to do is sit around and blame people who have always tried to help you be happy. Do the right thing and call Jarry and tell him you made a mistake and we have agreed that no money will change hands permanently and I will reside in Seattle as long a s Tomiko is in High school and possibly beyond should she decide to stay in the rain. Do the right thing, please... By the way, there is no summons and complaint because there is no order, so no one is going to serve me anything. Someone is not telling you the truth.. I always have.... I watched Law and Order last night and the children suffered so much just because the mother and father couldn't come to an agreement. We always came to an agreement before Tom's interests went too far. You know that is true. Ask Jerry if I'm right about court and it being up to judge."
:confused:
I agree with Stealth, however I don't think you should be relying on your ex for legal advice. Quite a bit of what he said was pretty amusing. Go get yourself a consult with a local attorney to put your mind at ease.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">