• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a father just give up his parental rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

americaluver

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana
My babys father wants to give up his parental rights to our son because he wants to get out of paying child support. granted he hasnt been there for my son since he was born...but he already has two other children by two different women and has no problem supporting them..what can i do? can he voluntarily jus give up all rights to our child like that and get out of paying child support?
Is there anything i can do to keep him from doing that? please any help is greatly appreciated ! thanks

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana
My babys father wants to give up his parental rights to our son because he wants to get out of paying child support. granted he hasnt been there for my son since he was born...but he already has two other children by two different women and has no problem supporting them..what can i do? can he voluntarily jus give up all rights to our child like that and get out of paying child support?
Is there anything i can do to keep him from doing that? please any help is greatly appreciated ! thanks

This question has been asked and answered thousands of times - literally.

The 'search' function is your friend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">