• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I collect Arrears?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ladyback1

What do you mean Trolldar?

I don't like to cut grass or clean the kids rooms so I pay someone to do it. Evidently she doesn't like to do it so she makes the kids and my ex do it.
here's a novel idea: make the children do chores so they understand responsibility. Make the children do chores so that they learn that some times it's necessary to do the crappiest jobs in order to have some semblance of normal.

OH and one more: quit spending money on things that the kids could be doing for themselves, and then you can stop worrying about collect arrears!

Yep, you must be a troll.

Isis1

MY children should not have to clean their rooms, do laundry, help with house work or yard work or things like that. THAT is what a maid and lawn service is for! SHE doesn't work in the yard because she has asthma, but expects my son to. Children should not have to work!
what the hell? my two older kids father feels this way too. guess who was sleeping on his mommy's kitchen floor for a year because he shouldn't have to work to support his pregnant wife and children? it wasn't me.

Pinkie39

No. If you dropped CS voluntarily and registered that decision with the court that ordered CS, then there are no arrears.

CS is only going to be predicated on Dad's money, not GF's.

Oh, the horrors of a teenager watching an 11 year old! Get a grip, lady. :cool:
I actually happen to have a 16 year old daughter and an 11 year old son. When they have an occasional day off from school and my husband and I have to work, my daughter stays home with him, for a whole 9+ hours. They're perfectly fine. Two hours is hardly a big deal. My son is even fine home alone by himself for a couple of hours.

Pinkie39

MY children should not have to clean their rooms, do laundry, help with house work or yard work or things like that. THAT is what a maid and lawn service is for! SHE doesn't work in the yard because she has asthma, but expects my son to. Children should not have to work!
Hmmm, MY 16 year old cleans her room, does her laundry, baby sits her brother occasionally, walks the dog after school, cleans the cat's litter box, fixes many of her own meals, will go to the store for me occasionally, participates in several extracurricular activities AND has a part time job as a cashier at a grocery store. Funny, she's still alive from all that hard work! No maid service in my house!

Pinkie39

I don't like to cut grass or clean the kids rooms so I pay someone to do it. Evidently she doesn't like to do it so she makes the kids and my ex do it.
I feel sorry for these kids' future spouses or roommates!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hmmm, MY 16 year old cleans her room, does her laundry, baby sits her brother occasionally, walks the dog after school, cleans the cat's litter box, fixes many of her own meals, will go to the store for me occasionally, participates in several extracurricular activities AND has a part time job as a cashier at a grocery store. Funny, she's still alive from all that hard work! No maid service in my house!
That sounds borderline abusive!

(says cshelp)

;)

RRevak

And with this folks we have a trollish winner! Fe fi fo fum I smell the nonsense of a trollish one.....:rolleyes: :cool:

Just Blue

Perhaps if you got off your bottom and "cut the grass" and have your over-privlidged pups get off their bottoms...You would have enough money to pay for "LL Bean and new school cloths". "cause you wouldn't be paying for yard care and maid service. :rolleyes:

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC/GA

I live in SC, which is where divorce took place and I live with our daughter. My ex lives in GA with our son.

My son, who will be 18 next month, wanted to live with his dad, so in Feb he moved to GA to live with his dad. Our daughter wanted to stay with me. Both kids are in school. Our son still has 2 more years of school left. When he moved to dad's I voluntarily dropped CS since we both had a child. He is approx. $5000 in arrears due to the hit the construction industry took a few years ago. Dad has a girlfriend and together they are doing well and are buying things the kids have never had (for his kids and her kids). Is there any hope of me collecting the arrears now that he and his GF are now doing well and he has some money.

Examples of the extra money are they bought all 4 kids brand new L.L. Bean bookbags for school this year along will every item on the list plus others. They also all got **** or Sketchers shoes or Boots, what ever they wanted. New clothes and everything.
I really think a careful review of this post is a must...:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">