• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I emancipate 21 yr old myself

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mercervicky

What is the name of your state (IN)?
Son will be 21 Nov.2009, can I get the appropriate paper work and fill it out myself to emancipate or will I need to hire a lawyer for something that should take place automatically, or do I go to the Child Support office and they will take care of it?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (IN)?
Son will be 21 Nov.2009, can I get the appropriate paper work and fill it out myself to emancipate or will I need to hire a lawyer for something that should take place automatically, or do I go to the Child Support office and they will take care of it?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You need to file to emancipate the child. You can do it fairly easily without an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">