• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i get back child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ksknight

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN I was awarded child support in march of this year my daughter is 17 will turn 18 in oct he is to pay untill she graduates in june 2012 We are scheduled for court sept 26 because he has not payed since june When we initially went to court he was working thru a temp service he has since been hired on but has not reported this to CSS therefore they cant deduct it from his check I have been in communication with CCS (because i cant afford a lawyer) i informed them that he also has a part time job with the city & not reported that either now he will catch up on his back support because my 21yr old son who just got back from afganistan serving in the air force informed me begged him for the money! I requested to keep the sched court date; NOW do i have a chance to get back child support from when my son was emancipated????? Our initial divorce agreement was joint custody him having physical custody of our son & me with my daughter but were never to be seperated now my son did go to live with him at 14 but when he turned 18 my EX said he "did his part" it was just ubfortunate for me that our daughter was younger but he was not responsible for her support, he realized different when i was awarded support! PLEASE HELP

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN I was awarded child support in march of this year my daughter is 17 will turn 18 in oct he is to pay untill she graduates in june 2012 We are scheduled for court sept 26 because he has not payed since june When we initially went to court he was working thru a temp service he has since been hired on but has not reported this to CSS therefore they cant deduct it from his check I have been in communication with CCS (because i cant afford a lawyer) i informed them that he also has a part time job with the city & not reported that either now he will catch up on his back support because my 21yr old son who just got back from afganistan serving in the air force informed me begged him for the money! I requested to keep the sched court date; NOW do i have a chance to get back child support from when my son was emancipated????? Our initial divorce agreement was joint custody him having physical custody of our son & me with my daughter but were never to be seperated now my son did go to live with him at 14 but when he turned 18 my EX said he "did his part" it was just ubfortunate for me that our daughter was younger but he was not responsible for her support, he realized different when i was awarded support! PLEASE HELP
If you didn't ask for support for your daughter at the time that your son was emancipated its too late now...its especially too late because you did not ask for it back in March.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">