• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i give up parental right?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nikki5380

What is the name of your state? idaho

Well i need to know what i have to do to give up allmy rights to a child and do i haveto get a lawer or can i do it my self?

seniorjudge

nikki5380 said:

Well i need to know what i have to do to give up allmy rights to a child and do i haveto get a lawer or can i do it my self?
Why do you think you can give up your rights to your kid?

T

topshelf

seniorjudge said:
For the same reason mommy can leave her kid in the dumpster, or with her sister while she smokes crack, or with grandma who is 80 and has already raised her kids, or with some man she just met last week at the thirsty owl biker bar.:eek:

AHA

seniorjudge said:
The question is WHY would anyone want to rob their kids of their biological parent??

T

topshelf

AHA said:
The question is WHY would anyone want to rob their kids of their biological parent??

Gee I dont know, maybe you should track down one of those parents who decided to give their child up for adoption and ask them why they did it

AHA

topshelf said:
Gee I dont know, maybe you should track down one of those parents who decided to give their child up for adoption and ask them why they did it

Uhh, since this isn't your thread, maybe you should leave the answering to OP.
If someone is giving their kids up for adoption, that's what they would say. I doubt they would call it terminating their rights. But it's beside the point, let OP answer what she/he has been questioned and leave it at that, there is no need to get defensive for simple and valid questions!!

T

topshelf

If someone is giving their kids up for adoption, that's what they would say. I doubt they would call it terminating their rights. LOL there is a difference? Would that be a difference in language/legal terms? So your telling me that a parent who gives their child up for adoption is not terminating their parental rights? You now have me confused.:confused:

When a parent "gives their child up for adoption" Do you think the child is being robbed from their biological parent?

But it's beside the point, let OP answer what she/he has been questioned and leave it at that, there is no need to get defensive for simple and valid questions!!

No one is getting defensive, I am simply answering a question with a question:confused:

Last edited:

ceara19

topshelf said:

If someone is giving their kids up for adoption, that's what they would say. I doubt they would call it terminating their rights. LOL there is a difference? Would that be a difference in language/legal terms? So your telling me that a parent who gives their child up for adoption is not terminating their parental rights? You now have me confused.:confused:
Even though the legal terminology is the same, how many average people would answer that question using legal terminology?

When a parent "gives their child up for adoption" Do you think the child is being robbed from their biological parent?
The main reason for a person to put their child up for adoption is to give the child a chance at having a better life with people that are better equipped to raise a child. That would be a reason that a person would "rob the child of a biological parent". Terminating your rights and intentionally leaving the child with only one parent because you just don't want to be a parent shows that the parent is not concerned about what is best for the child.

MandyD

nikki5380 said:

You have the "right" to have a relationship with your child and all you have to do to give up that "right" is to have no contact with the child.

You also have a responsibility to support that child. That, you cannot just give up.

AHA

nikki5380 said:

Does the other parent of your child have someone lined up to adopt the kid or what? You are going to HAVE to give a lot more info to get help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">