• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I receive child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

breeebanana

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I'm 19 years old and attending college. Right now my mother is receiving child support from my father.
I plan on moving out, due to the fact my mother and I don't get along, and i feel as though she will not
use the child support like she is supposed too as far as " supporting " me and my needs. She has proven
to me she is a money hungry women and will only use the child support for her benefit. Is there any
way, considering I'm in school, the child support could be sent to me?

Last edited:

Proserpina

I'm 19 years old and attending college. Right now my mother is receiving child support from my father.
I plan on moving out, due to the fact my mother and I don't get along, and i feel as though she will not
use the child support like she is supposed too as far as " supporting " me and my needs. She has proven
to me she is a money hungry women and will only use the child support for her benefit. Is there any

Not a chance.

Child support isn't for you - it's to reimburse your custodial parent for the costs incurred raising you.

mistoffolees

Not a chance.

Child support isn't for you - it's to reimburse your custodial parent for the costs incurred raising you.
Absolutely true (for the 10,000th time for the same question).

Of course, if Mom and Dad agree, they can go to court to have the CS terminated and Dad can voluntarily give money to the child to help with college expenses, but a court isn't going to order that.

momofrose

If you are attending college are you paying for it all by yourself? If not - that's where the child support money goes..and btw - it's none of your business.

Antigone*

What a terrible mother, puts a roof over your head, food in your belly clothes on your back:mad::mad:

So what if she get a mani & a pedi with a little bit of extra cash that comes her way.

You are arrogant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">