• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I recieve back pay child support.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegtablez

I live in Arkansas.
My aunt and uncle got custody of me when i was 16 and i moved out 17 months later. My dad owes back pay child support 21,000 dollars worth. Im now almost 19 married and i have a kid, the back pay is starting to get sent to my aunt and uncle and i just wanna know if i can have that sent to me. Or do something, so they cant get it. cuz its not right they got the child support when i was with them so thats all they needed. now i dont live with them or anything so i should get. Its 150$ a month. So is there anything i can do? cuz that money would up me greatly.

Proserpina

I live in Arkansas.
My aunt and uncle got custody of me when i was 16 and i moved out 17 months later. My dad owes back pay child support 21,000 dollars worth. Im now almost 19 married and i have a kid, the back pay is starting to get sent to my aunt and uncle and i just wanna know if i can have that sent to me. Or do something, so they cant get it. cuz its not right they got the child support when i was with them so thats all they needed. now i dont live with them or anything so i should get. Its 150$ a month. So is there anything i can do? cuz that money would up me greatly.

Not your money, never was your money.

It's owed to your aunt and uncle.

CSO286

I live in Arkansas.
Of course you do.

My aunt and uncle got custody of me when i was 16 and i moved out 17 months later.

Why did your aunt and uncle get custody? Where is Mom?

My dad owes back pay child support 21,000 dollars worth.
That money is probably owed to your mom.... and maybe some to your aunt and uncle. Or whomever was taking care of you.

Im now almost 19 married and i have a kid,
Of course you do.

the back pay is starting to get sent to my aunt and uncle and i just wanna know if i can have that sent to me.
No, because that money is not and never was owed to you. It's still owed to the people who took care of you. It's meant to reimburse them for the money they spent on your food, lodging and misc expenses.

Or do something, so they cant get it.
No, because by court order, it is owed to them (the people who provided for you). You have no right to bring any kind of action here.

cuz its not right they got the child support when i was with them so thats all they needed. now i dont live with them or anything so i should get.
If they are receiving payments on the arrears (past due balance), then, no, they were not getting all the support as ordered while you were with them.

Its 150$ a month. So is there anything i can do? cuz that money would up me greatly.
$150 would "up you greatly"??? Could it pay for a night class in english?

torimac

Given that OP moved out at age 17 and now has a child, it sounds like the relationship with the aunt and uncle is not the best. I doubt they would be willing to forward the money. Time for some 'tough love'. OP needs to be an adult, especially now that there is a child involved.
Legally, that money is owed to the aunt and uncle. The now-adult child they were taking care of has no rights to that money. It is funding that they should have received long ago.

Shiika

Im now almost 19 married and i have a kid
Seriously? Why does no one know how to close their damn legs?
I'm gonna be real honest, I had to register on this site JUST to respond to this.

Close your legs, and maybe try to live your life before you get married and pregnant while still being a teenybopper. Jesus you're not even old enough to know how to live your life, much less teach a child how to live theirs.

Proserpina

Seriously? Why does no one know how to close their damn legs?
I'm gonna be real honest, I had to register on this site JUST to respond to this.

Close your legs, and maybe try to live your life before you get married and pregnant while still being a teenybopper. Jesus you're not even old enough to know how to live your life, much less teach a child how to live theirs.

Give me a break.

You've obviously been here before. At least clue us in as to your previous monikers. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">