• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I survive

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Randy23

Indiana. when I had my job of $40,000 a year my child was ok to pay but now my income has dropped in half I am surviving barely by living on the streets and hold down any work try living on the streets and keeping a job.The judge refused to lower it.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Gracie3787

Indiana. when I had my job of $40,000 a year my child was ok to pay but now my income has dropped in half I am surviving barely by living on the streets and hold down any work try living on the streets and keeping a job.The judge refused to lower it.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Was your decrease in income anything that was involuntary, such as a layoff, illness, injury?

Did the Judge give any reasons as to why your request to lower CS was denied?

Randy23

can I survive ?

I had been layed off and during that time I entered a rehab facility for substance abuse and the judge said that is why I got layed off but that had nothing to do with it. I lost everything a house, truck and almost everything I could not carry in a back pack. There is no way out I know this I will die on the streets never seeing the daughter I support!

CSO286

I had been layed off and during that time I entered a rehab facility for substance abuse and the judge said that is why I got layed off but that had nothing to do with it. I lost everything a house, truck and almost everything I could not carry in a back pack. There is no way out I know this I will die on the streets never seeing the daughter I support!
Ok, first off---ease up on the melodrama.

First things first--go fin da shelter and get in there. Uitlize their resources to help find an apt and a job. You will only live and die on the streets if you don't seek the necessary help. They will even be able to assist you in obtaing parenting time through various fathers' rights groups.

Next get your butt back in to CSED and request a modification of your child support.

What is the dollar amount of your support obligation? The reason I ask, is that I can really only see a few situations where a court would not grant a reduction in support--one of them being that an NCP is already ordered to pay only a minimum order.

Last edited:

LdiJ

Ok, first off---ease up on the melodrama.

First things first--go fin da shelter and get in there. Uitlize their resources to help find an apt and a job. You will only live and die on the streets if you don't seek the necessary help. They will even be able to assist you in obtaing parenting time through various fathers' rights groups.

Next get your butt back in to CSED and request a modification of your child support.

What is the dollar amount of your support obligation? The reason I ask, is that I can really only see a few situations where a court would not grant a reduction in support--one of them being that an NCP is already ordered to pay only a minimum order.
It appears that the judge has already turned him down for a modification:

I had been layed off and during that time I entered a rehab facility for substance abuse and the judge said that is why I got layed off but that had nothing to do with it.
OP, do you have no family or friends that could help you with a place to stay until you get back on your feet?

Randy23

I pay $130.00 a week for my 7 yr. old daughter. which I had no problem paying I know thats what I have to do. And no believe it or not the only family I have is my babygirl.

CJane

Timeline?

When were you making $40K?

When did your income decrease?

When did you enter a treatment program?

When did you lose the $20K/year job?

When did you request a modification?

When did you become homeless?

Randy23

I am looking for another job at this time but I now rely on the bus line so it is kinda difficult to coordinate this but trying.2008 I was layed off, after that I started making $20.000 or less once I started losing everything due to my pay

Randy23

thats when I snapped I had lost everything, not to be Mr.drama but not seeing my little girl every night floored me she was all I ever dreamed of my wife and I were unable to have children she is adopted.I love her so much

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">