• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my ex place a lien on our joint property?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flyby004

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I owe my ex $1.000.00 in last years medical expenses for our daughter.

I have been diagnosed with a debilitating disease and am now on disability. I can not afford to pay him this, at this time, due to my own medical expenses.

Can he place a lien on my and my spouse's jointly owned property such as our house and vehicle?. I still have a morgage and a car payment.

flyby004 said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri

I owe my ex $1.000.00 in last years medical expenses for our daughter.

I have been diagnosed with a debilitating disease and am now on disability. I can not afford to pay him this, at this time, due to my own medical expenses.

Can he place a lien on my and my spouse's jointly owned property such as our house and vehicle?. I still have a morgage and a car payment.
You may want to get some free advice from a lawyer in your area but I know in Illinois you have to owe at least 1000.00 to place leins on property--But if your name is on it, it can be attached even if someone else shares the title--

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">