• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you say you don't want Child Support Anymore in Wisconsin

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jbartz

The mother of my children does not want me to see them and I don't. She sends my support back to me every month. Does anyone know if she could stop the enforcement of the child support? :mad:

Last edited:

jbartz

We were never married. She has a visitation stipulation from awhile ago, but I stopped seeing them so I am not sure if it would be in play anymore. I want to see them, but it really isn't worth all of the headaches of listening to her complain and give me a hard time. Plus she thinks it is better for them which she is a good mother and she has never given me a hard time before, but I screwed this up myself. So she just thinks it is better this way.

Phnx02

You cannot give up your parental rights just because you want to.....or if she wants to. Every person in this world has 2 parents and BOTH parents have a moral and financial responsibility to support their children. It is no one else's single responsibility to care for your offspring. The only way you can be relieved of this is for another man to be willing to take on your responsibility for you.....thru adoption.

What are you going to tell your kids when they get old enough to ask you why you never had a relationship with them? That is was too much of a headache on your part? What a cop-out! If your ex is sending back your CS payments, she's obviously sending you a message. But you can be a bigger man about it. Why don't you then just put the money in a college fund for them? They will appreciate this in the long run.

jbartz

First of all it isn't that I don't want to see my kids, but I believe part of being a good father is doing the right thing for them. If she says that she believes right now that she thinks it is best that I don't see them then that is what I will do. She is a good mother I will not take that away from her. I don't think it is a cop-out :mad:

I don't think anyone should judge me or her for the decisions we agree on together.

Thanks for everyones advice. And yes it was a court ordered Stipulation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">